- Useful Links
- Download forms
- Holiday List
- Updates & Notices
- Job Opening
- Contact Us
- Application status
- Customer Feedback
- Business visa
- Conference visa
- Visa for maids
- Employment visa
- Entry visa
- Journalist visa
- Medical visa
- Emergency Visa
- Student visa
- Tourist visa
- Transfer of visa
- Transit visa
- Intern Visa
- eTourist Visa (eTV)
- Renewal of Passport
- Passport for new born baby
- Damaged Passport
- Lost Passport
- Cancellation of citizenship
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Driving license confirmation letter
- NRI certificate
- Attestation / Notarisation
- Power of attorney
- Letter of Assurance - Adoption
Visa services - requirements & details
Following are the general guidelines for applying for an Indian visa from Singapore. Please go through the details and prepare your application accordingly.
To get detailed requirements for a particular visa type, please select the desired type from the list given below.
In addition to the visa fee, an amount of S$ 10.80 will be charged (per application) as service charge.
Select visa Category
- The High Commission accepts the applications of Diplomatic / Official passport holders directly at its premises.
- Visa application has to registered on the link https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa under Regular Visa application. After saving the application a print out of the application should be signed by the applicant. Fax Form for Visa needs to submitted along with Visa application for all Non-Singapore National.
- Address on the Fax Form should always contain Home Country Address of the applicant.
- Applicants holding dual citizenship are requested to update the information on the online application form. Also the applicant should intimate on the application form if he is holding two passports of same nationality as well. Copy of both passports has to be attached along with Visa application.
- The Passport whose Nationality is linked to the Singapore IC / EP / S Pass /Work Permit has to be submitted for Visa. ( For Example - Applicant holds both USA and Italy Passports , If the nationality on Singapore IC reflects as USA , then the USA passport has to submitted for Visa ).
- If the old passport contains a valid visa, then old passport also has to be submitted for visa application. Valid Visa on the old passport has to be cancelled before the issuance of new visa.
- Applicants are requested below details while submitting online visa application , One Reference Name /Complete Address /Contact Number in Singapore One Reference Name / Complete Address /Contact Number in India
- Birth Certificate copy to be submitted along with Passport copy if the minors doesn't hold Singapore IC.
- All applicants applying for visa must bring passport copy and IC copy (NRIC, Re-entry permit, EP, S Pass or work-permit)
- One latest white background passport size photograph. Photograph should be taken less than 6 months. Passport must be valid for more than six months with at least two blank pages at the time of submission of application.
- It is to be noted that Passports will be released only when Visa is released. Any emergency withdrawal of Passport before the Visa release for Non-Singaporean , applicant must give in writing the reason for release of Passport and the travel itenary copy to be provided for travel needs.
- Applicants are insisted for the purchase of the ticket only after obtaining the visas
- All Non - Singaporean Passports will take 6 to 7 Working days for India Visa.
- Validity of all visas is counted from the date of their issue.
- If the visa is valid for a stay of more than 180 days, registration with FRRO is compulsory within 14 days of first arrival in India for all visas other than Business visas. VISA FOR ORIGIN OF CHINA / NIGERIA / SOMALIA / IRAN / IRAQ / AFGANISTHAN / PAKISTAN HOLDERS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL. FRROs/FROs cum Superintendents of Police can grant Landing Permit to the foreigners arriving in India by air or sea without valid visa under emergency situation like death/illness in the family upto a period of maximum three days.
Things to be Noted on Online Application Form
- Once online filled application is saved it cannot be edited. All information has to be filled as per passport only.
- No manual changes on the application form will be allowed.
- Information on Point I has to have Name of the reference person in India and Singapore.
- Address details wherever asked for has to complete. Incomplete address and contact details will not be accepted.
- Singapore National ID number has to be IC number
- If middle name is there in passport it has to be filled along with Given Name
- In Place of Birth asked in application it has to be exact place of birth not the country of birth
- Father and Mother particulars has to be complete
- Employment details along with designation, employer name and address has to be in full. If the applicant is unemployed ie house wife or student or child the employment details of either spouse or father has to be mandatory.
- Any error on passport particulars and personal particulars the form has to be re-filed again with correct details.